Saturday, March 05, 2005

San Miguel 9-ball Tournament Singapore

I'm now working on my night shift (hope my bosses aren't reading this... then again, who the fuck cares even if they do?) after having done scoring duty for the above tourney. Got to rub shoulders with wonderful characters like Reyes, Bustamante, Chow Fong Pang, and a whole host of other Asian Pool stars. Pity I didn't bring my camera along.

The thingey is being held at Suntec City, and let me tell you, parking there on a weekday is hell. Can you believe my parking fee for the day was like $12.60?!? Yeah yeah yeah, doesn't sound like much but then again, I ain't particularly rich you know.

Sometimes I really wish that being a pool referee could net me more pay. If I could, I'd love to become a fulltime referee. Why? Cos I just can't cut it as a player that's why. Bleh. But I still love the game, so I guess being a referee and being able to bawl at those big names while asking for their autographs after their games has its perks too.

Had the rare opportunity to do scoring and time-keeping on the TV table. ESPN was the official broadcaster, and boy did they roll out the works. Felt like a movie star. Well, movie extra anyways. Heh. Guess the only drawback was that no food was provided and that we were on our feet most of the time. But what do you expect from ultra-efficient Singapore eh?

Next few days are gonna be tough. I'll basically be just shuttling between 3 places for the next 72 hours: work, home and Suntec city. Not enough sleep. Pimples erupting. Argh. Then again, who cares? Last I checked, I'm a guy. And not particularly sexual in Metro at that. Bleh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter